Sign up to lend us a helping hand in the 2015 Brooklyn for Peace Trick-or-Treat for UNICEF activities
Give us a couple of hours to hand out 2,000 UNICEF boxes to neighborhood children to help them collect donations for the needy children of the world.
These events are quite festive and fun. Diane Allison will be performing with her puppets, who will dance and play with the kids. There will also be a jack-o’lantern with a lollipop hairdo which the kids will pluck as a reward for their promise to help. The three events will be:
1. Saturday, Oct. 17th at the OLD STONE HOUSE PLAYGROUND 2 shifts, 10 AM TO noon and noon to 2 PM, inside the park at 5th Ave. between 3rd & 4th Sts..
2. Saturday, Oct.24th GRAND ARMY PLAZA GREENMARKET 2 shifts, 10 AM to noon and noon to 2 PM
3. Sunday, October 25th the OLD STONE HOUSE PLAYGROUND 2 shifts, 10 AM to noon and noon to 2 PM at the 4th St. entrance –( alongside of the 5th Ave. Farmers’ Market).
AND/OR STAFF COLLECTION STATIONS ALONG THE PARADE ROUTE
Celebrate Halloween by staffing collection stations along 7Th and 5th Aves. Engage children and families to participate in Trick-or-Treating for UNICEF.
The Halloween parade and pageantry that take place along 7th and 5th Aves. in Park Slope are marvelous, — magnets for families and children that passionately want to demonstrate their design and theatrical skills as well as for eager trick-or-treaters. Please help us staff four collecting stations,giving out UNICEF collection boxes and flyers as well as accepting contributions from the Halloween crowd.
On Halloween, Saturday, October 31 we’ll need this many people at these times:
- 4pm to 6pm: 8 people needed to man 4 stations
- 6pm to 8pm: 2people needed to man 1 station
The Brooklyn for Peace UNICEF Committee thanks you for your help! This is our 14th Halloween of facilitating thousands of children to Trick-or-Treat for UNICEF.